Long form, Conceptual, Financial, Corporate, Pharma
I have more than twenty years experience writing creative material across diverse communication mediums for a wide range of audiences.
I proofread, edited, and provided writing exercises for Jot It Down Project, a how-to guide for a community-based writing club for people with developmental disabilities.
An annual promotional campaign challenging an elite group of financial advisors to qualify for the company’s Sales Invitational held at an exotic destination — tactics were developed to fit three phases: pre-event, at-the-event, and post-event.
A project aiming to generate more leads with first sale advisors by leveraging business-building support messages and benefits of existing loyalty programs.
A full page color ad published in the Business Record congratulating three of the company’s associates who made the Forty Under 40 list, an event showcasing individuals within the Des Moines community who impact business and civic organizations in a positive and energetic way.
A client guide featuring a universal life insurance policy that provides long-term care coverage along with a death benefit.
A value proposition brochure used by the salesforce to prospect for advisors who may be a good fit for the Land as Your Legacy Program, a comprehensive transition planning program for farmers and ranchers.
Eastgate Shopping Center wanted to be seen as the premiere shopping destination for international tourists arriving at Johannesburg International Airport. I developed the concept Africa Under One Roof and wrote copy for multiple campaign elements, including large wall posters in the airport's arrival hall and pamphlets with discount coupons handed out by luggage porters and taxi drivers to visiting tourists.
FCB Healthcare West and their NYC office created a branded new business development brochure promoting them as the leading US healthcare agency with full-service offices on both coasts. I developed the content for a boxed collection of mini booklets outlining the company's philosophy, bios of key personnel, and case-study statements of branded programs across various therapeutic areas: epilepsy, rheumatoid arthritis, interventional surgery, oncology, and multiple sclerosis.
- Auvi-Q, a compact epinephrine injector with voice-guided instructions
I worked in a freelance capacity on the relaunch of Auvi-Q. After a product recall by Sanofi US, the original inventor and owner - Kaléo® - took back all rights and implemented an updated, innovative, 100 percent automated robotic precision production line that helps to ensure each device is built with the highest standards of safety, precision and quality.
Accurate diagnosis of rare diseases remain difficult, highlighting the need for education and support to ensure physicians recognize the symptoms and patients get the treatment they need.
- Juxtapid (lomitapide) capsules, a microsomal triglyceride transfer protein inhibitor for treatment in patients with homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia (HoFH)
I wrote copy for an information booklet guiding HCPs to help their HoFH patients on Juxtapid manage the disease and comply with treatment.
Click on pdf to read.
Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Kanuma (sebelipase alfa), intravenous infusion for treatment in patients of all ages with lysosomal acid lipase deficiency (LAL-D)
Based on previously approved message platform, I devised a compelling sales story flow that reps could use to introduce this breakthrough therapy to physicians.
Click on pdf to read.
- Videx (didanosine) and Zerit (stavudine), nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors for use in combination with other antiretroviral agents for the treatment of human immonodeficiency virus (HIV)-1 infection
I coordinated the design and medical writing for our client’s HIV/AIDS Train the Trainers Manual. The strategy aimed to establish a caring, compassionate, and stigma-free society acting in solidarity and working together for the benefit of all those infected with, or affected by, HIV/AIDS.
- Depend® Be Sure*√ , a range of disposable products for urinary incontinence
An ad featuring a range of products that offer discreet protection for people suffering from urinary incontinence. A pamphlet educating consumers on the causes and management of the condition.
- VNS Therapy System, an adjunctive therapy for reducing the frequency of seizures in adults and adolescents over 12 years of age with partial onset seizures refractory to antiepileptic medications
I initiated research into the specific needs of caregivers and patients. Based on my findings, I wrote monthly newsletters featuring case studies together with information about the implantable device, advice to caregivers, and support information for patients.
- Prozef (cefprozil), a broad-spectrum cephalosporin antibiotic for treating persistent and recurrent acute otitis media
After successfully establishing a cartoon mascot, Otis the Elephant, the campaign evolved to feature photographic depictions of elephants in the wild.
Roche Products (Pty) Ltd
- Inhibace (cilazapril), monotherapy ACE inhibitor
- Inhibace Plus (cilazapril + hydrochlorothiazide), combination ACE inhibitor
Based on the trials of each therapy - treatment of hypertension and chronic heart failure - a series of two-page sales aids sets out the products’ features and benefits.
- Mycostatin/Kenacomb/Kenalog (nystatin / nystatin and triamcinolone acetonide / triamcinolone acetonide), various antifungal treatments
To promote our client’s range of suspension, cream and tablet formulations for treating fungal infections, this sales aid highlights the various product properties, anchored by the headline: From Top to Bottom and Inside Out.
By the time drugs come off patent, their features and benefits are well-known to patients and providers. Since generics manufacturers profit from the previous marketing efforts of the brand-name drug company, their promotions tend to focus more on price than on features and benefits.
- Acular (ketorolac tromethamine ophthalmic solution), nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) for ophthalmic use to reduce ocular pain and burning or stinging following corneal refractive surgery
A series of mini sales aids using data from studies that showed significant reduction of ocular pain and burning after photorefractive keratectomy surgery.
Xixia Pharmaceuticals (Pty) Ltd
- Relisan (Nabumetone), anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and anti-pyretic treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and osteo-arthritis
A series of five mailers with a golf theme asking the question, “What is your patient’s handicap?” The campaign included a competition that physicians could enter to win a top quality golf bag (back when you could do that sort of thing).